Nguyen Thi Kim Thu
Intellectual Property, Employment and Labor, Human Resources
Ms. Thu has long experience as a trademark and industrial design practitioner and specialist. Ms. Thu joined the firm as an associate in the Hanoi office in 2010. She has extensive experience in comprehensive, strategic client counseling in all aspects of trademarks, industrial designs and dispute resolution. She has been very active in the prosecution of trademark and industrial applications since 2007.
Ms. Thu has been developing and managing trademark and industrial design portfolios in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar. She provides trademark and industrial design clearance analysis and advice for a wide variety of products and services. She also counsels clients on registrability and infringement matters and develops comprehensive intellectual property programs for pre-litigation, licensing and enforcement purposes. Ms. Thu also has experience regarding opposition and cancellation proceedings. She represents clients in several industries including consumer electronics products, industrial machinery and software, food and beverage, electronic devices, medical devices and services and restaurant services.
In addition, Ms. Thu has particular expertise in employee and labor matters. She is a recognised expert in employment law and practice. Ms. Thu deals with the full range of employment matters for corporate clients. She has particular experience in the employment aspects of transactional work including the preparation of incentive plans.
She has helped clients with various pieces of work:
- Advised on trademark and industrial design litigations;
- Filed and prosecuted trademark and industrial design applications, as well as trademark and industrial design opposition and cancellation proceedings;
- Rendered opinions on numerous trademarks and industrial designs for small and large companies to advise on the scope of intellectual property rights for the client and that of third parties;
- Conducted trademark interference proceedings;
- Drafted and negotiated license and IP focused agreements;
- Conducted IP due diligence in the full range of corporate transactions;
- Handled unfair competition issues involving the enforcement of IP rights;
- Advised on the structure, content and drafting of various employment contracts, terms of admission, handbooks and termination documents.
Inorganic Chemistry、Agricultural Science & Technology、Chemical Engineering、Fine Chemicals、Material Science and Engineering、Medicine & Pharmaceuticals、Petroleum processing and petroleum refining